Some researchers suggest that there are two prevailing views of consciousness and its relationship to short-term memory.Â First, there is the view that consciousnessâ€”our awareness of the world around usâ€”is beyond or nearly beyond human understanding and is a metaphysical problem best left to the philosophers. Then there are those, including many psychologists and neuroscientists, who believe there is some relationship between consciousness and short-term memory, even if we have yet to fully understand it. In this discussion you will analyze current ideas on consciousness and short-term memory.Â Choose one of the prevailing views discussed above and find a journal article or Internet resource that supports your chosen view.Â In your initial post:
- Describe at least one of the main arguments.
- Explain the evidence used by the authors to support their argument.
- Identify the authorâ€™s conclusions and the implications of the findings.
- Based on your perspective and what you have learned, explain your own position about the connection between consciousness and memory.
Please include the following in your response:
- Refer to and integrate ideas presented in the text and any supplemental readings.
- Cite outside resources if necessary to make your point.
- Follow APA style guidelines for citations and references.