- Please analyze Starbucks with the two bargaining powers in Porterâ€™s model of five forces of competition.
- Starbucks and Sazaby signed a joint venture agreementfor Starbucks Coffee Japan.
- a) What is typical for a joint venture?
- b) Why was it beneficial to use a joint venture in this case?
- c) Please describe why the expansion mode of licensing may be less ideal in this case. Â Â Â Â (25%)
- Starbucks owns the Seattleâ€™s Best Coffee brand and the latter franchises its stores. What does the franchisor give in this case to the franchisee and vice versa? Â Â Â Â Â (35%)
|Franchisor gives to franchisee||Franchisee gives to franchisor|
|Equipment and Supplies||Expanding market|
|Employee Training||Low Risk|
|Intact Knowledge||Competitive advantage in local market|
|Business Model||Brand Marketing|
|Brand Name||Maintaining core values.|