For this assignment, you will create a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation that explains the major points of three different IT governance models and will recommend a model a particular organization should utilize.
You have just joined a rapidly growing technology business as the chief information officer (CIO). The company has increased from 8 employees to 130 employees in the span of two years. Because of the rapid growth, much of the IT within the company has been configured â€œon the fly,â€ with no overarching strategy in place to ensure long-term success.
The chief executive officer (CEO) would like you to select an IT governance framework that the company can adopt and utilize moving forward. He has informed you that the financial arm of the company utilizes Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
On the basis of your initial research, you have identified three IT governance frameworks to investigate further: ISO/IEC 38500, COBIT, and ITIL. Each governance framework has its own set of key components that outline the framework as a whole.
- Conduct research to locate information regarding the key components of each governance framework. Investigate the key components to determine what makes each framework different from the others.
- ISO/IEC 38500 (responsibility, strategy, acquisition, performance, conformance, and human behavior)
- COBIT (framework, process, control objectives, management guidelines, and maturity models)
- ITIL (service strategy, service design, service transition, service operation, and continual service improvement)
- Create a 6- to 8-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation describing key components of each of the three IT governance frameworks (ISO/IEC 38500, COBIT, and ITIL).
- Indicate 2â€“3 differences among ISO/IEC 38500, COBIT, and ITIL.
- At the end of the presentation, recommend an IT framework for use within the company and provide the rationale for your choice.