Inmates at the prison you work in like the drug program because it gives them extra perks that they cannot get anywhere else. It is important that the inmates not malinger in order to gain access to the program because it is limited to those with actual addictions and those who desire a real recovery. Assignment Guidelines
- In 5â€“7 paragraphs, address the following:
- In your own words, define the term malingering.
- Do you feel itÂ is important to screen out malingering inmates who only want the program for the perks? Why or why not?
- Regardless of your stance on the question above, how would you be able toÂ screen out malingering inmates?
- Besides perks of enrollment, what other strategies do you feel would be effective in enticing inmates to enroll in drug abuse and addiction treatment programs? Explain why?
- What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages ofÂ individual counseling for drug abuse and addiction on incarcerated individuals? Explain.
- What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages ofÂ group counseling for drug abuse and addiction on incarcerated individuals? Explain.