In this module, we learn about the unhealthy and shallow depiction of â€œsoul friendshipsâ€ in mainstream films and literature: â€œType soulfriends, or even worse â€œsoulmateâ€ into an internet search engine and some of the most syrupy aphorisms on friendship will be returned for your edificationâ€¦ the trouble with this sentimental haze and commodification is that it cheapens an idea of enormous human value: the spirituality of friendship is not something that can simply be ceded to the marketâ€ (p. 222). In at least 250 words total, please answer each of the following, drawing upon your reading materials and your personal insight. Please be sure that you do not provide names of people or identifying characteristics of the workplace.
- What is your own perception of how the media fosters unhealthy models of friendship through film and television? Please provide an example from either a book or a film. What is our ethical responsibility in terms of challenging and questioning these mainstream notions of friendship?
Evaluation Criteria Your initial post should be at least 250 words and must substantively integrate the assigned readings from the module with proper APA style formatting.
Resources:Â Leadership Trait Questionnaire in the Leadership Instrument Section of Ch. 2 ofÂ Leadership: Theory and Practice; Leadership Theory Matrix CompleteÂ the Leadership Theory Matrix. CompleteÂ the Leadership Trait Questionnaire (LTQ). WriteÂ a 350-word summary of your results that includes the following:
- Provide a description about how you see yourself as a leader.
- Provide a description of how others see you as a leader.
- Explain the differences and commonalities.
After the Civil War, the United States became a much more industrialized society. Between 1865 and 1920, industrialization improved American life in many ways. However, industrialization also created problems for American society. Consider events that took place after the Civil War and ways that industrialization affected the U.S. between 1865 and 1920. For this assignment you will create a 10-15 slideÂ powerpointÂ presentation. (Title slide and reference slides DO NOT count in slide total). Â Your presentation will focus on social, economic, and political changes brought about by industrialization. Instructions: Explain a minimum of 3 economic changes, 3 social changes, and 3 political changes caused by industrialization. Requirements:
- Your presentation must includeÂ primaryÂ images (sourced), bullet points and headings on slides, and explanation of those bullet points and headings in the Speaker Notes. Â DO NOT just write paragraphs on the actual slides. Â Slides should contain the bulleted points and headings of main ideas etc., but all explanation should be in the SpeakerÂ notes and properly cited.
- Sources: You must use 3 source IN ADDITION to theÂ textbookÂ – so four sources are required in total. (counting the textbook). Â These are content sources and do not count where you got your images, although you should cite your images as well.
Please organize your presentation as follows: Slide 1: Title Slide Slide 2: Introduction slide (like an intro in a paper). Â Must have a thesis statement. Next section (will be multiple slides): Economic changes caused by Industrialization Next section (will be multiple slides): Social changes caused by industrialization Next section (will be multiple slides): political changes caused by industrialization Conclusion slide – wrap up the entire presentation References slides
- Identify the most significant political, economic, and social forces that you believe are influencing changes in health care marketing today.
- Identify three (3) key marketing skills you have gained from this class and suggest how each will benefit you in your current or future career.
Imagine your manager has requested that everyone in the company take the StrengthsFinder test. Now, your manager has asked you to put together a training tool on how to best coach and develop employees in the decision making process who have varied strengths. Write a three to five (3-5) page document for your manager in which you:
- Describe a decision-making process for employees with two different strengths. Determine how the process might be approached differently for each employee to produce the best results. Use scenarios to convey your idea.
- Explain how a manager could develop employees with different strengths. Use scenarios to convey your idea.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain the decision-making process management uses to develop viable courses of action to a variety of management situations.
- Explain the multiple aspects of the managerial planning process and the application of various business- and corporate-level strategies.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in management concepts.
- Write clearly and concisely about management concepts using proper writing mechanics.
Set up a mock crime scene in your vehicle and process it for evidence as you would at a real burglary to motor vehicle. Take pictures of the evidence and collect it by using the method of your choice. Note: for this learning activity you will not have package the evidence.
In this assignment, begin by taking a retrospective look at your life history, to discuss which aspects of your personality have remained consistent and which aspects of your personality have changed over time.Â Then, analyze the roles of nature and nurture in shaping your personality.Â Subsequently, discuss possible sources of inaccuracy and bias in any retrospective analysis.Â Finally, discuss the reasons why systematic scientific studies are considered more valuable than individual accounts. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper in which you:
- Reflect on your life history and discuss which aspects of your personality have changed over time and which aspects have stayed consistent.
- Based on your retrospective analysis, describe the roles of nature and nurture in shaping your personality. Reflect on your justification for distinguishing between nature and nurture.
- Discuss the possible sources of bias and inaccuracy whenever a person looks back on their past history. Be sure to discuss factors related to memory and factors related to cognition.
- Describe why the science of psychology places more emphasis on results based on scientific studies than it does on personal experience and anecdotes.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or school-specific format. Â Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- To keep this essay short and manageable, your only sources for your paper should be your own experience and the Webtext. For this reason, APA citations and references are not required for this assignment.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentâ€™s name, the professorâ€™s name, the course title, and the date. Â The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Relate psychological concepts to real-world situations.
- Describe the major theories of personality development, learning, memory, cognition, consciousness, development and social psychology.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in psychology.
- Write clearly and concisely about psychology using proper writing mechanics.